Welcome to Lydia McCauley's Garden of Simples Blog

The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get from it, but what they become by it. - John Ruskin



Lydia McCauley and Kurt Scherer are owners of STONEHOUSE ARTIFACTS, offering Treasures from Colonial India. Online Here.

Our shop is located in Bellingham, Washington. We welcome you to come and visit our small estate, enjoy the grounds and share a cup of Chai.



Sunday, August 12, 2012


DWELL IN POSSIBILITY


Emily Dickinson Poem


I dwell in Possibility--
A fairer House than Prose--
More numerous of Windows--
Superior--for Doors--

Of Chambers as the Cedars--
Impregnable of Eye--
And for an Everlasting Roof
The Gambrels of the Sky--

Of Visitors--the fairest--
For Occupation--This--
The spreading wide my narrow Hands
To gather Paradise--



All week the words 'dwell in possibility' have been running through my mind.  I love this poem by Emily Dickinson.

Here's a hand embroidered item from Laurie Abela, who owns an Etsy shop called SOUL SEEDS.  In her own words "Along the way, I've noticed little reminders that have helped light my way. It occurred to me that others may find them helpful too, so I decided to embroider them on previously loved fabrics, to leave the lightest footprint."  







1 comment:

Laurie said...

How lovely to find a kindred spirit. Thank you so much for featuring my work. I look forward to exploring your soulful blog.